Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Left is Right. Right is Wrong.

Time for another emo and contemplative post...possibly the sequel to "Am I really that Transparent?"

Before I begin, heres part of the lyrics from the song-Gotta Be Somebody-by Nickelback. It totally suits my mood now.

************************
So I'll be waiting for the real thing
I know if by the feeling
the moment when we're meeting
will play out like a scene, straight off the silver screen

So I'll be holding my breath
Right up to the end
Until that moment when
I find the one that I'll spend forever with!

'Cause nobody wants to be the last one there
'Cause everyone wants to feel like someone cares
Someone to love with my life in their hands
Theres gotta be somebody for me like that...
*********************

I'm sure everyone has had an experience before... whereby you had to choose between 2 choices. When both seem no less right from the other...

I found myself at another one of these crossroads again the other day. Just hit me like that...*whack* without no warning.

So there I was, staring down 2 paths, both with pros and cons. Though later I realised, both were just pros, without cons, just pros in a different way.

They looked like this (sry I have no pics to show ><) : one path going off sharply to my left, and the other sharply to my right. I had only the luxury of a second to decide, else be trampled on the the stampeding crowd. That second lasted longer than I could remember.

The path to my left was a path of adventure, full of uncertainty, lined with signposts that said"procede with caution", "danger ahead!", unpredictable, yet strangely alluring...the faint but everpresent scent of temptation allured me to take a step. Just a step. Yet, my lingering memories emplored me not to enter. With some unphathomable reluctance, I looked away with foolish defiance.

I turned to my right, the usual scene. A bright path, straight path, dotted with familiarity and the mocking air of security. Carrying some a hint of unspoken dissapointment, I walked down this path with the ease that would have me stumbling should I have done the same with the other path. I sat down with some irritable smugness I can never forgive myself for.

Quote from the poem "The Road Not Taken" by Robert Frost...
"And sorry I could not travel both..." was the only apology I gave myself after the incident.
Yea... to many people, thats just talk cock~ but whatever...I've had my share of sharing for the day.

Perhaps one day I might strike a balance between these two roads. Somehow manage to explore them both and living both to my liking :)

So had I made a wrong desicion that day? Who knows? Only time will tell.

17 comments:

  1. ouh...mari...we walk together
    but
    dun wan hold hands lar...
    ~~~

    ReplyDelete
  2. I REALLY think you're really talking about Joanne and the time in the train!
    Choice between us vs. Joanne!
    And this time it's not pure instinct.
    I have proof!
    1. Left and right. She REALLY headed left, and us right.
    2. We're the ordinary and normal, while she's the "path of adventure, full of uncertainty"
    3."trampled on the the stampeding crowd" which was like that then, in the ktm. Exactly like that.

    I really WAS just kidding when I made that comment the first time I read it. It's your cryptic comment that made me read it again and dissect meanings.
    Wow.
    Fook HOY!!

    Oh, and next time, make it more cryptical lah. It's kind of obvious. And very dramatic.

    ReplyDelete
  3. To Leon- Sure we walk together, you infront of me, so that anything bad happens on the "path", you die first. HAHAHAHAHAHA...xD

    To Mei Yen-
    LOL...like I said..."MAAAAAYBE"
    *shrugs* :P
    Geee, you make a good prosecutor!!!!!
    I feel like a desperate defendant now 0.0
    Still, that don't proove a thing. I COULD be talking about something else REAAAAALLY similar! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. ahahaha...pityful...HAHAHAHAHA

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fook HOY!!! Hello!

    Now, now, Gideon, you can't call me a good prosecutor based just on that! I wasn't even getting started, for one! Haha!
    Well, well, you could, but I'm RIGHT, and you KNOW it!
    Never mind, don't worry about me, I wouldn't tell anyone. I'll just grin whenever Kelvin or Sabz or Fook Hoy mentions anything. Don't worry about me, I'll be nice.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Eh Fook Hoy!!!.... now your on their side!? =(

    Haha! Okay okay then DON'T get started!!! Now, we don't wanna destroy the story before the book is even published do we? :)

    Honestly, its not you or Sabin or Hoy I'm worried about. Its that Kelvin!!! Gah! Nevermind, hopefully your Davinci book has put his mind off this little thingy. :P

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey MEI yen! lol Hello!

    Gideon..AHAHA...scandal

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yeah, it's Kel you need to worry about. Trust me, he will NOT forget. I once went though that for a whole year. But nothing I remember since then lah. Maybe his Sailormoon phase is gone, and for your sake, I'd pray he's over that phase, or it's going to be hell onwards for you. Not that it wouldn't be fun watching, but still. =p

    Oh, Fook Hoy is aaaaallllways on our side, right, Fook Hoy?
    =p

    God, bugging people through comments IS fun.

    ReplyDelete
  9. He's already given me a taste of whats to come I think!
    Well thaaanks for the heads-up Mei Yen, I guess preparation is half the battle won! HAH! Not like I like fight with Kelvin's torturous teasing...but I'll be on alert for Sailormoon all the same :)

    Oh and I don't mind the spectators, but just keep a distance and avoid collatoral damage. Oh and NO clapping hands!

    Ps:Nono, Fook Hoy is always on my side :P

    ReplyDelete
  10. Well, let's ask Fook Hoy which side he's on, shall we?

    And no, Sailormoon is just a Very Stupid Term I choose to use. Please don't remind him about it. We'll ALL hear no end about it then.

    Oh, and the most I'll do is grin. Or LOL. Maybe one or two comments. I'll be nice. =p

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fook Hoy!!! *waves* :)

    Alright, I'll only use Sailormoon as a last resort.

    Ooouh, how I wish all Kelvin does is grin and LOL, but something tells me he's gonna do alot more when the time comes.
    Guess I'll have to wait and see. ><

    ReplyDelete
  12. No! Fook Hoy, you HAVE to pick a side!!

    God, I'm so childish.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Just don't pick Kelvin's side!!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  14. ahha..oh man!

    london bridge is falling down, falling down..lalala *wink*

    ReplyDelete