Monday, January 26, 2009

"' 'Chinese' 'NIU' Year '(re)-union' " 'dinner' " "'

This year's reunion dinner was probably the skraaaaaawniest CNY dinner (yes, even to my standards LOL) I've eaten in my life!

Note: I had alot of problems trying to come up with the suitable punctuations for the title of this seemingly simple post. Stick around and you might understand why :)

As some of you may know, my family members-in Klang-consist of me, and my dad. (Not that I dont have a mom, its just that she's staying in Perak, with my sis and have recently moved even further away to Penang. Thus the harder it is for me to endure an 8-9 hour bus ride, if I wanted to go down.)

lol anwayz...since that's the situation, going out and having a nice meal has been a CNY tradition for me and my dad. However this year was a lil different.

An old family friend of ours invited us to her house for a simple open house CNY dinner. (Kinda unexpected, but a welcomed change from the usual)

Upon arrival, two things unexpected things happened at once.

#1. There were only 3 small bowls of dishes on the table
-one containing dhal curry (home made and stickier and thicker than stew, completely no curry powder added)
-one containing 5 pieces of fried egg+bitter gourd
-last one containing small chunks of pork (I have no idea how she cooked it. Look like it had been dried under the sun for 1 week, and then re-fried)
-oh, and a loaf of bread ( found out what it was for later)

#2. The company there was REALLY interesting (especailly for a CNY ' "reunion" "dinner" ' )
-Auntie Kath-Chinese- (who invited us)
-Jane- her daughter (30+)
-Christian- a Mat Salleh- Norwegian(Viking)-husband of Jane-extreme choleric-(30+)
-Aunt Maureen- Mat Salleh also-British-(60+)
-Uncle Collin- husband of Aunt Maureen-Mat Salleh too-British-(65++)
-Mr.Victor-Indian- Husband of Auntie Kath-( Dont ask me, I have no idea, must be pretty old to be sitting in a wheel chair)

So overall, the entire "dinner" wasn't how we pictured it to be.
Thus, combine these two sets of elements together, and you're in for an interesting evening~

Well for starters, Christian is really THE talker there. I'm not so sure what he does for a living but he says he's traveled around the world and been to 100+ countries. Studies Political Science. And seems to know a great deal about the universe and theories and quantum physics and subatommic mass and pythagoras theorem and islands and politics and the understanding of everything.
Really wish he was my orientation lecturer...I'd have followed him home XD. JKJKJK...

Then, theres the old British couple. Although they hate rice, Auntie Kath force fed them. Aunt Maureen especailly LOATHES dhal curry, she took a drop and put it on her tongue, and began coughing rediculously dramaticly..."OOOOHHH!! It's BURNING me!!!!!..." I ran to get her water, in fear she might choke to death ><'''

Later she settled down and ate that loaf of bread and ignored everything else...but then again, there was nothing much to ignore anyway =.=''

Next there's Mr. Victor. Who gave some really funny advice like: " Boy... the money is in the soil."
(I scratched my head)
"If one bag of soil is RM1, then 1 million bags of soil is 1 million RM.."
(Ahhh...now I get it)*nods*
"Start digging..." *he gave me the thumbs up*
*nods somemore*
*Aunt Maureen and Uncle Collin gave me the look that said - *Sigh...sad...*

Bah well... thats pretty much as brief as I can make this post... yet make it sarcastically interesting(to some).
Other less interesting but yet equally sarcastic things that happened that night was when Mr.Victor pulled Auntie Kath towards him while pointing at me and said :"KATH COME HERE, LISTEN, from now on... he's your son."
(huh? was that intersting?)
(It gave me the creeps. My dad smiled at the rest of the company irridiculously)

Okay enough! The more I write in this post the more I feel I'm part of that mad house!

1 comment:

  1. how about..
    i show you the card and you show me the money =D

    ReplyDelete